PMU LA SERVICES
3 Hour Service
What are Powder Brows?
Powder Brows (also known as ombre brows or simply shaded brows or microshading) is a permanent makeup procedure, in which the artist using a cosmetic tattooing machine with a tiny needle which injects pigment into the skin using dotting technique. As a result, a more powdery eyebrow effect is achieved.
Who are Powder Brows for?
Most people qualify as good candidates for the procedure of getting powder brows. Also, this is a great option for people with oily skin as well.
How long does Powder Brows last?
Depending on certain factors, like your skin type, age, and skin care routine, Powder Brows will usually last 1 to 3 years.
It’s recommended for this technique to do touch up once a year.
The whole procedure is a two-step process. You should schedule your touch up 6-8 weeks after the initial procedure.
TOUCH UP PRICES
WITHIN 6-8 WEEKS $ 150
AFTER 6 MONTHS $ 200
AFTER 1 YEAR $ 250
AFTER 2 YEARS $ 300
BEFORE THE TREATMENT:
▪ Do not take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen or blood thinners, unless medically necessary, 72 hours prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine.
▪ You have to be off Accutane or any prescribed acne medications for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
▪ Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day before and of the procedure. This will minimize any bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
▪ Wash your hair before the procedure.
▪ Do not tan or sun bathe 7 days before and after the procedure.
▪ If you get your eyebrows waxed, threaded, or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least 14 days to have them waxed or threaded & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
▪ Do not have any chemical peels, microdermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
▪ Slight redness or discomfort may be present for the first two days. This will resolve itself.
▪ Wash face carefully with a washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoiding brow aria
▪ DO NOT apply any kind of creams, ointments, liquids, cleansers.
▪ The day after your procedure, the color will appear darker as it begins healing.
▪ The color will soften when the eyebrows heal.
▪ Once flaking is complete, there will still be a nearly invisible layer of skin that will make your color appear faded. Within the first two weeks after flaking, you will notice some of the color coming back through as the skin continues to repair itself.
▪ Depending on skin type and proper aftercare, it is not unusual to see a few strokes fade or disappear from the skin.
▪ 45-90 days should be the maximum amount of time before your touch up. You do not want them to fade excessively.
▪ Your touch-up will ensure the longevity of your color and hair-strokes.
▪ Do not rub, tug or scrub the brows.
▪ Use a fresh pillow case and try to sleep on your back while your brows are healing.
▪ Use protective visors for showering.
▪ No shower stream over your brows.
▪ Wash face carefully with a washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoiding brow aria.
▪ Use sunscreen after 8 day post treatment. Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. Any prolonged sun exposure will cause premature fading.
▪ No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after treatment.
▪ You can lightly exercise, but nothing that will cause verexertion or extreme sweating whatsoever.
▪ Avoid swimming or any kind until your eyebrows have completely healed!
▪ Avoid applying any type of makeup to your brow area for at least 2 weeks.