PMU LA SERVICES
3 Hour Service
What is Lip Blush?
It is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. This treatment delivers very natural results, once healed.
How long is the healing process?
Scabbing may make the lips feel thick. Lip pigment color may fade up to 50% after the first few days. While healing your lip color will look spotty. This is due to oxidation of the pigment and the regeneration of the skin. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve the desired lip results.
How long does Lip Blush last?
Aquarelle Lips is a form of permanent cosmetic tattooing. The pigment will remain in your skin forever, but will fade over time. We recommend getting a touch up every 1-3 years.
The whole procedure is a two-step process. You should schedule your touch up 6-8 weeks after the initial procedure. It is necessary in order to achieve that richness of color, achieve symmetry, and density in the shape.
TOUCH UP PRICES
WITHIN 6-8 WEEKS $100
AFTER 6 MONTHS $200
AFTER 1 YEAR $250
AFTER 2 YEARS $300
How do I prepare for the lip procedure?
As a necessary precaution, we require clients who have ever had a cold sore (fever blisters) to take an anti-viral medication for a total of 5 days (2 days prior to procedure, 1 day-of, and 2 days post-procedure). Examples of antiviral medications: Zovirax or Valtrex. There are absolutely NO exceptions to this rule!
BEFORE THE TREATMENT:
▪ Do not take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen or blood thinners, unless medically necessary, 72 hours prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine.
▪ You have to be off Accutane or any prescribed acne medications for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
▪ Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day before and of the procedure. This will minimize any bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
▪ Wash your hair before the procedure.
▪ Do not tan or sun bathe 7 days before and after the procedure.
▪ If you get your eyebrows waxed, threaded, or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least 14 days to have them waxed or threaded & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
▪ Do not have any chemical peels, microdermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
LIP BLUSH AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
▪ For the first 2-4 hours after treatment, apply light pressure on lips with a clean paper towel, to remove any lymph. After 4 hours start applying ointment 3-4 times a day to keep lips constantly moist . This should be done for at least 10 days post treatment.
▪ Complete your antiviral medication to prevent an outbreak.
▪ Avoid oily and spicy food, drink with a straw for the first few days.
▪ Do not pick or rub your lips and let the peeling happen naturally. Continue keeping lips moist!
▪ Avoid underwater swimming and bathing for a minimum of 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
▪ Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. Any prolonged sun exposure will cause premature fading.
▪ You may wear lipstick, lip gloss, and chapstick after 10 days.